As we interact with clients, we often get asked the same or very similar questions about car window tint. As a result, to help answer some of those questions, we thought we would create this post with some frequently asked questions and the answers.
Automotive Window Tint FAQs
- How long will window tint last? – Most modern window films come with a lifetime warranty and you should reasonably expect them to last the entire period of expected ownership.
- I have seen window tint turn purple. Will that happen? – Many window films that you may have seen turn purple are based on older technology. It should be noted that window films come in a variety of differing qualities and you should ask the company installing what brand and quality of film they are using on your vehicle for the price quoted. Most newer, quality films will not turn purple during normal ownership and many are warranted against color change.
- What about bubbling? I have noticed cars with film bubbling off the windows. What causes that and will that happen with my car? – What you are likely seeing is the result of an adhesive failure of the film. This can be caused by either a film failure or the use of glass cleaners not recommended for window films. These usually contain ammonia, which can be prevalent in glass cleaners, and this chemical will break down the adhesive over time. It is best to only clean aftermarket tinted windows with ammonia free glass cleaners.
- Do different levels window tint really have different performance? – Yes. You can get everything from a window film that gives you the look you want but blocks very little heat, to a window film that is barely noticeable on the glass that blocks a great deal of heat. Give us a call or stop in and we can discuss real-world performance differences for the varying levels of window film we offer.
- What are the window tint laws in our area? – Window tint laws vary from state to state. Click HERE and this link will give you information about tint laws in all 50 States and Canada.
We hope that this brief article answered some questions you might have about car window tint. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, you can reach us directly by calling (717) 764-3451. We service the entire greater York, Pennsylvania area.